CelkonTM Mobiles, one of the Indian cell phone manufacturer has announced its two new dual-simAndroid smartphones for Indian market, Celkon A95 and Celkon A97. Both the handsets make the Celkon Mobiles as the first Handset company in India to launch its phone based on the newly developed 6575 Chipset from MediaTek. The CPU in the chipset is powered by 1GHz processor running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system. Company has roped in cricketer Virat Kohli and the actress Tamanna as the brand ambassadors and has lined up eight more advanced smart phones in the $100-200 category to be launched over the next few weeks.
Celkon A95 has a 3.2″ capacitive touchscreen of resolution 240 x 320 pixels with multi-touch support. It supports dual-sim for GSM network and has 3G capability. Other connectivity includes Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth and MicroUSB. Celkon A95 model is officially announced on 8th June in Hyderabad and will be available by the third quarter of this year with a price tag of Rs 5299 in India.
Features & Specifications of Celkon A95 Android Smartphone:
– CPU: 1GHz processor, 6575 MediaTek chipset
– Os: Android 2.3 Gingerbread
– Dual-Sim Support
– Dual standby GSM + GSM
– Display Size: 3.2inch with resolution of 240 x 320 pixels
– Display Type: TFT capacitive touchscreen
– Multitouch support
– External Memory: microSD, expandable up to 32 GB
– Rear camera: 3.2 Mega Pixel Camera
– Front camera: VGA Camera for video calling
– Mp3/Mp4 Player
– 3.5mm Audio jack
– 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
– 3G: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100
– Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth v2.0, microUSB v2.0, GPS
– Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
– Battery: Standard Li ion 1400 mAh
– Stand by time: up to 300hrs
– Talk time: up to 8.5hrs
– Dimensions: 112 x 60.5 x 11.5 mm
– Weight: 104grams
– Celkon A95 is announced on 8th june 2012 and will be available from the third quarter of this year.
– Price of Celkon A95 in India is Rs 5,299
Spice Mobility one of the Indian cellphone manufacturing company has launched its new Stellarseries Android ICS smartphone Stellar Horizon Mi-500 which is packed with exciting features alongwith a very competitive price. Horizon Mi 500 has a huge 5inch capacitive touchscreen powered by 1GHz snapdragon dual-core processor with the support of 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage. Mi 500 has a powerful battery of 2250mAh capacity. Most importantly this handset has a dual-sim capability. Stellar Horizon Mi-500 is officially announced on June 6th and it will be released in the Indian market by end of this month with a price tag of Rs 11999.
Features & Specifications of Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500 Android Smartphone:
– Cpu: Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon dual-core Processor
– GPU: Adreno 205 for better graphics
– Os: Android v4.0 IceCream Sandwich
– RAM: 512MB
– Internal Storage: 4GB
– microSD Card Slot: Yes, 32GB Expandable
– Display Size: 5inch huge Capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch
– Display Resolution: 480X800 pixels
– Rear Camera: 5MP with Auto focus and LED Flash
– Front Camera: 0.3MP VGA
– 2G Network: GSM 900 / 1800
– 3G Network: HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
– Other Connectivity: Bluetooth v2.1, Wifi, USB v2.0, A-GPS
– 3.5mm Audio jack
– SRS rich Audio experience
– FM Radio available
– Battery Capacity: 2250 mAh
– Sensors: Proximity sensor, accelerometer
– Dual Sim: Yes, GSM + GSM
– Pre-installed with NETQIN antivirus
– Price of Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500 is around Rs 12000
– Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500 will be releasing by last week of June 2012 in India
Lava Mobiles one of the Indian Cell phone Manufacturing company has announced that it will be investing around Rs 55 Crores in its R & D department to develop Tablets and more Smartphones. Recently in the month of April the company has released the world’s first Intel processor powered Android Smartphone called as Lava Xolo X900 in India. With the success of Xolo X900 the company is keen to invest for producing more of this kind.
Indian market is rapidly growing in the Tablets segment. Many domestic cell phone manufacturers like Spice, Karbonn, MicroMax, Intex have lined up their low cost tablet pc’s in the market. And now even Lava Mobiles has also decided to invest in this segment to compete with these companies.
“This year we are investing close to Rs 55 crore…Next month, we will launch tablet PC in the price range of Rs 7,000-8,000,” Lava Co-founder and Director S N Rai said.
The tablet from Lava will be having a 7inch capacitive touchscreen powered by 1.2 Ghz processor, 4GB internal and 16GB external memory and will be released in August this year. Along with this tablet the company is also planning to launch its two Intel powered smartphones by September. In which one of the phone will be a high-end costing around Rs 35,000-40,000 while the other being a mid-end will be priced somewhere in the Rs 15,000 range.
Nokia seems to have forgot the Indian market. After the launch of its two Lumia Windows Phone devices 800 and 710 there are no special news on its other windows phone launch in India. Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 610 are the two windows phone devices which are yet to be released. Reports on Internet say that due to the high demand of Lumia 900 in the US market (launched in April)Nokia has delayed its lumia 900 launch in the other regions. Till today, Lumia 900 is available in US, UK, Canada and Singapore.
Nokia is one of the favorite brand among most of the Indian customers due to its good customer support and user friendly devices. But if it keeps neglecting the Indian market due to whatsoever reason it may loose its stance in the market as many other brands are releasing their smartphones day in and day out inline with the other international markets.
Here is the news from onlygizmos.com which claims the Nokia Lumia 900 release in the first half of June in India for Rs 28000. Nokia is already training its support staff with the device for better marketing.
Many of the cell phone reviewers on the internet have praised the Lumia 900 on its looks, features and specifications. This phone was announced in Jan 2012 and has already won the best SmartPhone award before it was released. India’s version of Lumia 900 will be having 4G support or not is yet to be confirmed.
Quick glance on the features of Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone:
– Processor: 1.4GHz Qualcomm APQ8055 Snapdragon S2 (Single Core)
– Graphics Processing Unit: Adreno 205 GPU
– Os: Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
– 512MB RAM, 16GB Internal Memory Storage
– No microSD slot for Memory Expansion
– Micro SIM slot
– Battery Power: standard Li-lon 1830 mAh
– 4.3inch AMOLED with ClearBlack technology
– Corning® Gorilla® Glass for scratch resistance
– 8 MP rear camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash with Carl Zeiss Optics lens
– 1.3MP Front facing camera
– 2G, 3G and 4G LTE
– microUSB, 3.5mm Audio Jack, A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.1v, WiFi
– Tango software for free Video Calls
– Sensors: 3D Accelerometer, gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, Compass