Spice Mobility one of the Indian cellphone manufacturing company has launched its new Stellarseries Android ICS smartphone Stellar Horizon Mi-500 which is packed with exciting features alongwith a very competitive price. Horizon Mi 500 has a huge 5inch capacitive touchscreen powered by 1GHz snapdragon dual-core processor with the support of 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage. Mi 500 has a powerful battery of 2250mAh capacity. Most importantly this handset has a dual-sim capability. Stellar Horizon Mi-500 is officially announced on June 6th and it will be released in the Indian market by end of this month with a price tag of Rs 11999.
Features & Specifications of Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500 Android Smartphone:
– Cpu: Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon dual-core Processor
– GPU: Adreno 205 for better graphics
– Os: Android v4.0 IceCream Sandwich
– RAM: 512MB
– Internal Storage: 4GB
– microSD Card Slot: Yes, 32GB Expandable
– Display Size: 5inch huge Capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch
– Display Resolution: 480X800 pixels
– Rear Camera: 5MP with Auto focus and LED Flash
– Front Camera: 0.3MP VGA
– 2G Network: GSM 900 / 1800
– 3G Network: HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
– Other Connectivity: Bluetooth v2.1, Wifi, USB v2.0, A-GPS
– 3.5mm Audio jack
– SRS rich Audio experience
– FM Radio available
– Battery Capacity: 2250 mAh
– Sensors: Proximity sensor, accelerometer
– Dual Sim: Yes, GSM + GSM
– Pre-installed with NETQIN antivirus
– Price of Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500 is around Rs 12000
– Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500 will be releasing by last week of June 2012 in India
Samsung India will be launching the all new Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 android tablet in the coming week (also called as Galaxy Tab2 GT 310). This tab features a 7″ display with 3G connectivity. It is powered by 1GHz dual core processor running on Android 4.0 Icecream sandwich version. Galaxy Tab 2 310 is priced around
Rs 23250 Rs 19500 and it is available in India exact date of the release is yet to be known.
Features & Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2310 Android 4.0 tablet:
– Processor: 1.0 GHz dual core processor (TI OMAP 4430 chipset)
– Os/Platform: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
– RAM: 1GB
– Internal Storage: 8/16/32 GB storage
– microSD Card: Yes, extendable Up to 32GB
– Resolution: 1,024 x 600
– Size: 17.78 cm (7″)
– TouchWiz UX UI integrated for better user experience
– TouchScreen: Capacitive touchscreen with Multitouch
– Rear Camera: 3MP Rear
– Front Camera: VGA Front
– Video recording: Video Recording ([email protected])
– Video Support: 3GPP2,H.263+AMR,H.264,JPEG,MPEG4
– Audio: 3D Sound
– Audio Support: AAC,AAC+,AMR,AMR-NB,eAAC+,MP3
– GSM & EDGE Band: 850 / 900 / 1,800 / 1,900 MHz
– 3G Band: 850 / 900 / 1,900 / 2,100 MHz
– Speed: HSPA+ 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps
– Bluetooth 3.0
– USB 2.0
– WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct
– 3.5mm Headset Jack
– Proximity Sensor
– Battery capacity: 4,000 mAh
– Talk time: Up to 30 hours (2G)/Up to 20 hours (3G) Talk Time Battery
– Dimensions: 193.7 x 122.4 x 10.5 mm
– Weight: 344g
Price of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 Android tablet in India is around Rs. 19500
After the Samsung Galaxy S2 now from April 13th 2012 Sony has started the rolling out of Android 4.0 IceCream Sandwich on its 2011 XperiaTM Smartphones.
Initially the software rollout will be made available to Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray for consumers in Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland and Norway for the next 4-6 weeks. Sony will update the rollout process for other markets soon.
Following on, Xperia arc,
Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will receive their scoop starting from the end of May/early June 2012.
To upgrade use the PC Companion for windows and Bridge for Mac and follow the instructions.
The latest version of Android 4.0 (ICS) is a very powerful OS, packed with new features and functionality and also requires more resource from the smartphone and this may impact performance in some user scenarios. If the phone’s RAM is greater than 512MB then there shouldn’t be any problem after the upgrade.
Software updates means improvements, so it is the best way to keep the phone working smoothly. These updates bring new features, better performance and speed, bug fixes etc. So make sure your phone runs on the latest software version.
For a detailed step by step information for Xperia Arc S upgrade please refer this guide and Sony Blog.