Lava Mobiles one of the Indian Cell phone Manufacturing company has announced that it will be investing around Rs 55 Crores in its R & D department to develop Tablets and more Smartphones. Recently in the month of April the company has released the world’s first Intel processor powered Android Smartphone called as Lava Xolo X900 in India. With the success of Xolo X900 the company is keen to invest for producing more of this kind.
Indian market is rapidly growing in the Tablets segment. Many domestic cell phone manufacturers like Spice, Karbonn, MicroMax, Intex have lined up their low cost tablet pc’s in the market. And now even Lava Mobiles has also decided to invest in this segment to compete with these companies.
“This year we are investing close to Rs 55 crore…Next month, we will launch tablet PC in the price range of Rs 7,000-8,000,” Lava Co-founder and Director S N Rai said.
The tablet from Lava will be having a 7inch capacitive touchscreen powered by 1.2 Ghz processor, 4GB internal and 16GB external memory and will be released in August this year. Along with this tablet the company is also planning to launch its two Intel powered smartphones by September. In which one of the phone will be a high-end costing around Rs 35,000-40,000 while the other being a mid-end will be priced somewhere in the Rs 15,000 range.
Snapdragon CPU’s are high performance CPU’s of Qualcomm. Snapdragon soc model numbers like MSM8260A or MSM8230 are little hard to grasp. So qualcomm has framed a simple protocol for consumers w.r.t its Soc’s (System On Chip) for the sake of easy understanding. It has divided its Snapdragon Soc’s into four categories. S1, S2, S3 and S4. S1 being the cheap and low power device whereas S4 is the most powerful device.
SnapDragon S4 soc (MSM8960) is the successor to the Scorpion CPU. S4 soc is based on the new microprocessor architecture called as Krait and it is the second generation CPU from Qualcomm. S4 is well suited processor for high end smartphones and tablets. Let us see what are the new features in this new architecture Krait.
Features of Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Soc:
– first mobile processor to be manufactured using the latest 28nm architecture
– new pipeline architecture increases the performance of krait over 60% compared to the existing qualcomm’s scorpion CPU micro-architecture.
– different configurations available like Single/Dual/Quad core with frequency range from 1.5GHz upto 2.5GHz per core and supports asynchronous symmetric multiprocessing for better performance and power efficiency.
– incase of a dualcore/quadcore the cpu’s are capable to work independently.
– includes dual-channel memory for processor to handle large bandwidth requirements in multicore systems.
– high performance Adreno GPU (Adreno225/ Adreno305) for high quality video and console quality gaming
– advantages like frequency scaling, low power consumption, better thermal performance and smaller size are achieved because of 28nm architecture.
– first fully integrated 2G/3G/4G Modem for fast internet browsing and app downloads. Supports standards like LTE multi mode, HSPA+, CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-D0 Rel A/B, GSM, GPRS, and EDGE.
– uses ARMv7 Instruction set architecture for advanced process technology.
– Qualcomm’s hexagon DSPs low power engine used for high power efficiency.
– Connectivity options like GPS, Bluetooth4.0 WiFi and FM supported.
– Integrated HDMI v1.4 interface
– Video: HD 1080p, 30fps video playback and streaming
S4 is available in the following Qualcomm products:
APQ8064, APQ8060A, MSM8960, MSM8660A, MSM8260A, APQ8030, MSM8930, MSM8630, MSM8230, MSM8627, MSM8227, MSM8625, MSM8225