After the months of rumors and speculations finally the Samsung Galaxy SIII is officially unveiled at the Mobile Unpacked event held in London yesterday 3rd May 2012. Galaxy SIII will be Samsung’s 3rd generation Galaxy S smartphone coming with a tag line as “Designed for humans and inspired by nature” which simply tells the GALAXY S III is a smartphone which recognizes your voice, understands your intention, and lets you share a moment instantly and easily.
Galaxy S III is packed with 4.8″ Super AMOLED touchscreen with resolution of 1280×720 powered by Samsung’s 1.4GHz Exynos Quad 4412 Soc processor running on the latest Android4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) version overlaid with the Samsung’s TouchWiz UI.
- Some of the highlighted features of Galaxy SIII are:
– Voice recognition. Featuring Samsung’s “S Voice” technology, it is the advanced natural language user interface, to listen and respond to your words. For eg: When your phone alarm goes off but you need a little extra rest, just tell the GALAXY S III “snooze.” Using this feature you can also control the volume, play your favorite songs, send text messages and emails, organize your schedules, or automatically launch the camera and capture a photo.
– Motion control. For Eg: placing a direct call by just bringing the phone near to the ears when typing a message for a recipient.
– Eye Recognition. Featuring Samsung’s SmartStay technology, ability to track the eye movement of the user.
– large files/videos transfer using Android Beam NFC technology called as “S Beam”. With this you can transfer 1GB of movie file within 3minutes and a 10MB song within seconds.
– image capturing while video recording (similar to HTC One x)
– wireless charger gadget
– 50GB dropbox cloud storage.
For more features have a look at the Highlighted Features of Samsung Galaxy S III
- Features & Full Specifications of Samsung Galaxy SIII Android 4.0.4 Smartphone:
– Processor: Samsung’s 32nm ARM Cortex A9 based 1.4GHz Exynos Quad 4412 Soc processor
– Os: Google’s Android 4.0.4 IceCream Sandwich
– RAM: 1GB
– Memory Storage: 16GB & 32GB versions available. 64GB version yet to be lined up.
– microSD card slot available (upto 64GB)
– 4.8″ Super AMOLED touchscreen with 16Million colour HD
– Resolution: 1280×720
– Gorilla Glass technology integrated
– Rear Camera: 8 megapixel with auto-focus & face detection
– LED Flash
– Burst shots
– Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps
– Front Camera: 1.9MP
– Eye recognition
– Voice Recognition
– 4G model yet to come
– GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
– UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
– HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
– Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
– Bluetooth 4.0
– microUSB port
– GPS receiver with A-GPS
– 3.5mm audio jack
– proximity sensor
– gyroscope sensor
– digital compass
– RGB Light sensor
– Large battery of 2100mAh capacity
– dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
– weight: 133grams
Expected to be released by May30th 2012 in two colors Marble White and Pebbel Blue.
In India Galaxy S III may be released in the first week of June 2012.
Price of Samsung Galaxy SIII for 16GB model is around $890 (Rs 35k to 38k).
Tags: android, Android Beam, Galaxy S III, Hands on Video, S3, samsung galaxy siii, Sensors, specifications