COMPUTEX 2012 has kicked off from yesterday in Taipei, Taiwan. This event is one of the largest computer expo held in the world.
Microsoft’s brand new Os i.e Windows 8 has three versions classified based on the processor types Windows RT for ARM, and Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro for Intel x86 chips. Last week the company has officially released its Windows 8 Release preview in the market. At computex most of the computer/tablet manufacturers are displaying their latest devices running on this version of the Windows Os. Until now most of the tablets powered by ARM based chipsets are running on Android platform. Next half of this year will see some more beautiful tablets, laptops running on the latest windows metro style os.
Qualcomm presented one of the world’s first windows 8 tablet running on ARM platform. Qualcomm’s Krait architecture based Snapdragon S4 soc (system on chip) is built on ARM Cortex A15 processor. The video below shows how smoothly the Windows RT is running on the new ARM platform.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) one of the India’s oldest and largest communication service provider is all set to launch its new Pantel made Penta T-PAD IS703C Tablet PC starting from June 15 2012. IS703C is the latest low cost tablet in the BSNL T-PAD series costing around Rs 6749 at the tablet maker Pantel.in and Rs 6899 at ebay.in online store
IS703C tablet will be running on the latest version Android 4.0 (Icecream sandwich) unlike the other BSNL tablets which are running on the older version Android 2.3 Gingerbread. This tablet has a high resolution 7” Capacitive Multi touch screen and it is powered by 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor with the support of DDR3 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal memory storage and also expandable upto 32GB using microSD card. Tablet also has a HDMI port which can be connected to the HDMI TV to watch the 1080p full-HD videos, and it is packed with a powerful lithium-polymer battery of capacity 4000mAh.
Features & Specifications of BSNL Penta T-PAD IS703C Android 4.0 Tablet:
– CPU: ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
– O/S: Android 4.0 Icecream Sandwich
– RAM: DDR3 1GB
– Internal Storage: 8GB Nand Flash
– TF card/microSD card: expandable upto 32GB
– Display Size: 7 Inch, 16:9, 800*600 pixels
– Touch Screen: WVGA LCD High Quality Capcitive Multi Touch Screen
– G-Sensor: Rotator Screen, 3D Games
– Camera: 0.3MP with 640 X 480 Pixels resolution
– Video: 1080p
– Wifi 802.11b/g/n
– USB: Micro USB + USB
– 3.5mm Audio Jack
– No Bluetooth
– Pre installed Skype, QQ & MSN messenger apps
– Battery: Li-poly 4000mah
– Flash Support: Adode Flash 10.1
– Email: Send/receive email online
– Audio Format: Supports MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV
– 1year Manufacturer warranty
Official unboxing video of BSNL Penta T-PAD IS703C Tablet:
Samsung India will be launching the all new Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 android tablet in the coming week (also called as Galaxy Tab2 GT 310). This tab features a 7″ display with 3G connectivity. It is powered by 1GHz dual core processor running on Android 4.0 Icecream sandwich version. Galaxy Tab 2 310 is priced around Rs 23250 Rs 19500 and it is available in India exact date of the release is yet to be known.
Features & Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2310 Android 4.0 tablet:
– Resolution: 1,024 x 600
– Size: 17.78 cm (7″)
– TouchWiz UX UI integrated for better user experience
– TouchScreen: Capacitive touchscreen with Multitouch
Camera & Multimedia
– Rear Camera: 3MP Rear
– Front Camera: VGA Front
– Video recording: Video Recording ([email protected])
– Video Support: 3GPP2,H.263+AMR,H.264,JPEG,MPEG4
– Audio: 3D Sound
– Audio Support: AAC,AAC+,AMR,AMR-NB,eAAC+,MP3