Today LG officially unveiled its 2013 flagship device Optimus G at an event in Mumbai for Rs 34,500. Optimuas G ships with 4.7-inch TrueHD IPS display of resolution 1280 x 768 pixels (320 ppi). It runs Android v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) OS powered by 1.5 GHz quad core processor with 2GB RAM.
One of the highlighted feature of LG Optimus G is its massive 13MP camera which is capable of taking Full HD 1080p videos.
The smartphone was available at Saholic.com before its formal launch. The online retailer has priced the device for Rs 30,990 only.
Other than India Optimus G is also available in US, Canada, Japan and South Korea. It is yet to be released in Europe and other Major markets.
LG has already sold total 1 million units in the above 4 markets where it was launched last year and is optimistic about increasing the number with its Indian launch.
But in the last two months this year India has seen quiet a few high end smartphones releases like Nokia Lumia 920, HTC Butterfly, BlackBerry Z10 and the upcoming Sony Xperia Z and ZL. And recently even the Samsung India has slashed the price of Galaxy S3 to Rs 28,900. So in such situation LG would face a tough competition for selling its Optimus G units in the country.
Key Features and specification of LG Optimus G:
– 4.7 inches True HD IPS Capacitive Multi-touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels (320 ppi)
– 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad-Core CPU with 2GB RAM
– Android 4.1.2 Jellybean OS
– 32 GB internal memory, No microSD card
– 13MP rear Camera and 1.3MP front camera
– 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC support, microUSB v2.0
– Proximity sensor, accelerometer, Gyro sensor, Digital compass and Ambient light sensor.
For Full Spec – refer here