BlackBerry (RIM) is set to release its latest handset BlackBerry Z10 on 25th February in India. Currently there are no official details about the price but it is expected to cost around Rs 39,000.
The premium device maker has also roped in Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor as the new brand ambassador for India. Ranbir is supposed to be present at the launch event unleashing the BB Z10.
BlackBerry Z10 is a full touchscreen smartphone running on the BlackBerry 10 OS. Aircel and Vodafone are expected to offer the BB Z10 in India. Over 70,000 apps (ported from android or developed freshly) are now available for BlackBerry 10 Os devices and includes Skype, Amazon Kindle, WhatsApp, SAP and Angry Birds.
BlackBerry Z10 was launched in NewYork on Jan 30. Currently the BB Z10 is selling at UK, Canada, UAE and some European markets. It is sold out within 3days of its official release in UAE. US launch will follow after India’s. One can purchase this device from the grey markets in India for Rs 53,000.
Key Features of BB Z10:
– 4.2-inch LCD screen with a 1280 x 768 screen resolution and that comes to 356 pixel per inch
– 1.5GHz Qualcomm dual-core CPU with 2GB RAM
– 16 GB internal memory, Expandable upto 32GB via microSD card
– 8MP Camera with 1080 pixel HD video-recording and 2MP front camera
– Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC support
– Colors: White and Black