Today Simmtronics Semiconductors Ltd has unveiled an affordable 8inch XPAD X-801 tablet in India for Rs 8,499 ($155/€130).
The slate has built in voice calling and GPRS connectivity feature from which one can place phone calls from the tablet and can surf the internet with 2G speed via the SIM card.
The tablet also supports the USB dongles to surf the internet on a 3G network. Other connectivity features include Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB port and a headset jack.
The low cost android tablet runs on the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 Os version. The hardware feature includes 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 single core processor, 512MB RAM and 8GB of internal memory and microSD card slot for memory expansion.
The XPAD X-801 voice calling tablet sports an 8-inch capacitive touchscreen display of resolution 800 x 600 pixels. Furthermore, the tablet features a 2MP rear camera, a secondary VGA front-facing camera for video calls, and is powered by a 4,000 mAh Li-Ion battery.
According to the company, the XPAD X-801 can be purchased via major retailers across the country.
Key features of Simmtronics XPAD X801 Tablet:
– ARM Cortex A8, 1.2GHz CPU
– Operating System: ICS Android 4.0
– Memory: 512MB RAM, 8GB internal memory, MicroSD support Expandable upto 32GB
– Display: 8inch, Capacitive Multi Touch screen
– Display resolution: 800 x 600 pixels
– Connectivity: 2G Calling, 3G USB Dongle, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB port, Audio jack
– Sensor: Gravity Sensor, Accelerator Sensor
– Front Camera 0.3M, back 2MP
– Video: MPEG-1 MPEG-2 H.263 MPEG-4 H.264/AVC RealVideo VC-1 FlashVideo Motion JPEG VP6 VP8*
– Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, FLVC, ACC, OGG, SPDIF
– Image formats: JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG
– Battery: 4000mAh
– Price of Simmtronics XPAD X801 is around Rs 8,499
– Release date: Simmtronics XPAD X801 released in Jan 2013, available for purchase at the leading retail shops in India
Last week HCL ME V1 7″ Tablet was released in the country for Rs 7,789 which also has built in voice calling feature.