HTC’s next beast the HTC Butterfly aka J Butterfly or Droid DNA is reportedly said to be released in India by January end. The device may cost around Rs 44,000 which will make it the costliest android smartphone released until today in the country.
The smartphone comes with an elegant and premium design. Like the Sony’s Xperia Z the HTC Butterfly is also powered by the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad core processor supported with 2GB of RAM. The handset sports a 5inch Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen panel of high resolution 1920 x 1080 with 440PPI.
It is running on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version with HTC Sense on top of it. It has an in built memory of 16GB and external memory support of 32GB via microSD card.
The device seems to have enough advantages compared to other smartphones available in market today but the major disadvantage for the Indian customers would be its high price tag. HTC Butterfly is currently available in US and China with some minor differences in the features.
Key features of HTC Butterfly Android Smartphone:
– Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad core SOC
– Os: Google’s Android 4.1 Jellybean
– RAM: 2GB, Internal Storage: 16GB
– microSD Card Slot: Yes, expandable upto 32GB
– Size: 5inch Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with Corning gorilla Glass 2 protection
– Resolution: 1920 x 1080 with 440PPI
– Rear Camera: 8MP with Autofocus, BSI sensor and LED Flash
– Front camera: 2.1MP
– FM Radio, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS, microUSB 2.0/HDMI, 3.5mm, Wifi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
– Battery: 2020mAh Lithium Polymer
– Price of HTC Butterfly is expected to be around Rs 44k.